27.6.08

Inflation Shock

What is happening around here?? I feel like we're stuck in a downward spiral these days. Everyone at work is nervous - business has began to slow down, and there's a general feeling of unease in the air. Many of our competitors and even some of our clients have began laying people off. Some days I feel as if the axe could fall on me too!

I guess the one good thing is that we don't have much to lose. We are not too heavily invested in the stock market, and our fortunes aren't directly tied to the financial industry - like much of Charlotte is. But indirectly, we certainly are. Anyway, you know what they say about one door closing and another one opening?

10 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

All I can say is..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....just like "Lurch" from the Adams family. I would like our door to remain closed!j

Anonymous said...

Election year jitters, MONEY/WALL STREET DOESN'T LIKE THE SMELL OF A DEMOCRAT

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..maybe on Wall Street, but certainly not on Main Street. Lastest Bush approval rating: 23% - edging out Nixon in 1974 at 24% for the dubious distinction of the lowest EVER.

Anonymous said...

I never said Bush was better

Scott Smith said...

I don't think ANYONE would say Bush is better.

Bush has 196 days left in office. If it's true that the market is a little nutty b/c of the pending presidential election, I wonder how long it will take for the economy to stabilize.

Anonymous said...

the Avett Brothers are recording with Rick Rubin. The pinnacle of stardom!

Anonymous said...

Really?? Where's you hear that?

Jen Mecca said...

...Where's you hear that?????

Scott Avett is in the Alumni magazine for ECU this month. Boy I bet you all wish you could go back in time.( was MAtt in that band....)j

Anonymous said...

I was writing to English (the guy who used to sit in and rap with Smackapple), Anyway, I was like,"How about the Avett Brothers with Rick Rubin" and he replied,"Incredible, isn't it. Those guys have done well for themselves. And to think little Scotty got started with you guys... "

Anonymous said...

Just invest in things that people will buy regardless of the "ecomonic situation" I recommend Potash that ticker symbol
POT