5.5.08

9-11 Conspiracy Theorists

I saw a short film the other day about how 9-11 was really perpetrated by the government.

I must say, I am amazed, I mean really AMAZED at the shear stupidity of a good deal of the American population. I know we all want to believe in shadowy conspiracy theories and things like that, but when 30 percent of the country thinks the trade center buildings were brought down by controlled explosions, it makes me think we have no business being a world super-power. The events that unfolded on 9-11 have been among the most-extensively studied in history. So apparently, this conspiracy involves thousands of people, including just about everyone in the media, and apparently Al Qaeda as well, who claimed credit for the attacks. This is a government that can't manage to get its approval ratings out of the toilet, and yet is able to pull off a conspiracy on a scale never before witnessed in the course of human history??

Don't tell me our government is capable of pulling something like this off. No they're not. I think I'll have finally found one argument I can win.

1 comment:

Scott Smith said...

I watched some stupid 9/11 conspiracy theory movie with my brother-in-law and my reaction was the same. I couldn't believe that people could be stupid enough to believe it.

Our government couldn't even cover up the Valerie Plame debacle for pete's sake, how the heck could they possibly cover up something that major???!

Besides, if I believed that our government could & would actually do something like that, I think I'd have to move to another country.