21.4.08

Polygamists Make Their Own Fashion Statement

I thought this article featuring the weird polygamist women was kind of interesting. I thought the part about how the clothing is "stitched with special markings to protect the body and to remind you of your commitment" was pretty good. That got me thinking about some exhibit or something I saw once that featured medieval chastity belts, which featured all assortments of spikes, teeth and other bizarre implements of deterrence. I did a brief search for a site that might contain a photo gallery of such devices, but didn't really have any luck. In doing so, however, I did learn that apparently there is still a large contemporary market for such devices.

And I also came across this headline: "Woman's Chastity Belt sets off Airport Security Alarm"

5 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

Where did I find you again??????
I'm sure now there will be all sorts of strange pop-up sites that come up on the computer after looking up Chastity Belts my dear!j

Anonymous said...

Did you see the interview with 3 of the wives on CBS Sunday AM?
Blank faces with no emotion and a commitement to the "way.... of their organization...."
Their reasoning intrigues me....

Anonymous said...

I did not, but it is weird isn't it? I think their is a chasier in the Food Lion at Lake Wylie that would be a good candidate for one.

Anonymous said...

Dude, there a couple of cute ones on the "outskirts" of Vanceboro(I thik Menoknights).
Some hot blondes all wrapped in their home stitched garb! HAhaha

Anonymous said...

I wanna do them all, they look so hot in their lil dresses. Just like little hottie on the prairie, mmmmm, hmmmm!